Re: [open-cobol-list] Old dog, new tricks

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Old dog, new tricks
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:23:42 -0500

Micheal;

    Makefile and make are great tools.  vim is my preferred editor and eschew
IDE's.  GNU/Linux IS an integrated development environment.  The best imho.

See
http://www.opencobol.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=486&forum=1#forumpost2550

and this very lengthy thread
http://www.opencobol.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=315&forum=1#forumpost1829

I'll be creating a wiki page on add1tocobol.com someday soon with some
information on the plethora and development assistance tools available.

Cheers,
Brian