Re: [open-cobol-list] OpenCOBOL and Unicode, and a few other screen rela

From: Kevin Monceaux
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] OpenCOBOL and Unicode, and a few other screen related things
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:51:24 -0500

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 03:42:46PM -0500, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

> And, one last screen related question - is anyone still
> using/maintaining COBcurses?

> When I last tried it in the initial screen definition screen no
> matter what I type in any field it displays a +.  I just tried it on
> another PC via PuTTY and all the fields are displayed with a gray
> background.  On this PC whatever I type is invisible, no characters
> are displayed at all.

And, of course, right after sending the above message I thought of
something else to try.  It's not a PuTTY problem.  It seems to be a
GNU screen terminfo problem.  I have my screen session set up for 256
colors, TERM=screen-256color-bce.  If I run the screen designer with
TERM=screen it works.  It doesn't seem to like 256 color mode.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system?  One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.