Re: [gnugo-devel] fast liberties & patterns anchored in goal

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] fast liberties & patterns anchored in goal
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:28:20 -0800

Trevor wrote:

> I'm inclined to undefine NDEBUG for all VC builds (VC has 2 build
> types Debug & Release).  Would it be appropriate to add it to
> config.h, in case someone wanted to define it and cause themselves
> heartburn like I've just been through?

Do you mean config.vc ?

Since config.h is an automatically built file it shouldn't be
edited by hand. Rather you edit configure.in and then run
autoheader and autoconf.

NDEBUG has never been defined in any version of GNU Go we've
distributed. We agree you should be compiling with the
asserts turned on and the question is how to accomplish that.

I don't have an opinion about this but David and Teun (who
know more about portability issues than I do) might ...

Dan