[gnugo-devel] Cross-Compiling works [was RE: gnu go for ArmLinux]

From: brian lee dae yung
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Cross-Compiling works [was RE: gnu go for ArmLinux]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:55:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello, the below method was successful, as i was able to compile.  i
transfered the binary to my Yopy and ran gnugo --help and got an
appropriate response.  i am now working on compiling cgoban [anyone
know the size of data types and endianness of arm linux, give a
holler].

thanks for the help, brian .

> Are you cross-compiling? This will not work directly, as during the
> make process, a couple of programs have to be run on the same machine
> as
> the compiler.
>
> I don't know the sources of 2.6 (I assume they will be similar), but
> with
> GNU Go 3.0.0 or 3.1.x the following should work (it is a little messy
> but
> the easiest I can think of):
> 1. configure and compile GNU Go for the machine with which you are
>    compiling
> 2. Now configure again, setting the compiler to the cross-compiler
> 3. remove all object files (rm engine/*.o patterns/*.o interface/*.o
>    sgf/*.o engine/*.o utils/*.o) and interface/gnugo
> 4. Edit the file patterns/Makefile by removing all files *.db and
>    *.sgf wherever they are mentioned
> 5. Similarly edit sgf/Makefile by removing sgf_properties.def and
>    sgf_extras.def wherever they are mentioned
> 6. Now try to run make again.
>
> > if i can get it to compile without hacks, that is preferred.
>
> I am not sure whether the above method qualifies as without hacks...
> Anyone have a shorter method?
>
> Arend

=====
.
                  {: }

   ..     the mux space conglomerate     ..
      " family values were never this good "

               www . mux space . com