Re: [gnugo-devel] dragon state transitions

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] dragon state transitions
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 11:29:44 -0700

Arend wrote:

> For this part, only the owl status is relevant. This can be ALIVE,
> CRITICAL or DEAD. Changes from ALIVE to DEAD or DEAD to ALIVE are
> non-sense and should be recorded.

The owl status can also be UNCHECKED.

It think it is better to use matcher_status. After all
if the owl status is UNCHECKED, the matcher status is ALIVE
and on the next move both are DEAD we'd like to know about
cases like that.

> Only in the sources. See interface/play_gtp.c from line 144.
>
> I don't think there is a single command to list all dragons' status'.
> Maybe we should do one? "all_dragons_status"?

If the gtp command dragon_data is not given a dragon as a
parameter it will regurgitate data for all dragons. But
since you're only interested in one field I think the
suggestion in my previous e-mail of implementing a gtp
matcher_status command parallel to the existing
dragon_status might be the best way of extracting this
information.

Dan