Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 3.5.4 - Docs in HTML

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 3.5.4 - Docs in HTML
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 01:21:01 +0200

aquarius wrote:
> Adding a side menu is not an option for me because of the handwork
> and since it would scroll up anyway. But if texi2html could do it ...

I'm sure it is at most a 30 minutes job with `sed'.

> B.t.w.: With the right browser one can easily deal with framed pages.
> Opera for instance can maximize and bookmark them, show their URLs
> and has a nice info window on the left that shows site structure.
> Mozilla should be able to do similar things.

When you speak about design, you must forget words like "right",
"good", "the one i use" and such.  Good design must look and work
well on any browser, on any system, with any resolution, with
JavaScript turned off and so on.  Of course, there are always
assumptions, but the less their number is, the better.

Paul