Re: [gnugo-devel] bug in find_neighbor_dragons()

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] bug in find_neighbor_dragons()
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:34:20 +0200

Inge wrote:
> I found it unbelieveable that you even considered if it would be a good
> idea *not* to fix a bug even though it creates a few FAILs.

Leaving the bug is not an option and never has been. I might however
be persuaded, if someone has strong enough arguments, that the current
computation of neighbor dragons is more useful than the intended one.
In that case the code would be fixed in a different way (some
simplifications, changed documentation).

> Are we close to a release now?

That's a good question. In terms of stability I don't think we have
any major problems currently (although there may be a few smaller
ones). Regarding timing 3.4 has been out for a while and it wouldn't
hurt with a new stable version. Regarding strength I'm unsure. There
haven't been any drastic changes in the engine since 3.4 but quite a
few small ones which ought to have improved it somewhat at least. I
guess the most interesting question is whether people have any pet
projects they would like to get in before 3.6 and how large those are.