Re: [gnugo-devel] SGF viewing in Quarry

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] SGF viewing in Quarry
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 01:31:52 +0300

I wrote:

> I'm now thinking about implementing SGF game-tree view, CGoban1-style.
> As an enhancement over CGoban1 I plan to make it possible to expand/
> collapse individual nodes.

I've started on this today and the good news are that I have a jet-fast
algorithm of mapping the tree onto a plane.  The layout is the same as
CGoban1 uses, but my implementation seems to be fundamentally faster
(though I didn't really measure speed of CGoban, just it looks that way.)
This means I won't need to do nasty optimization I planned before to make
node collapsing/expanding work without lockups of GUI.  Still it's a lot
to go from a working algorithm to a working tree widget...

Paul