[gnugo-devel] GNU Go at Gifu Challenge 2005

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go at Gifu Challenge 2005
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 00:03:25 +0200

GNU Go will participate in the Gifu Challenge 2005 tournament, October
29-30. The organizers are providing hardware (a 3.06 GHz Pentium 4
laptop) and an operator who has been instructed to use GNU Go 3.7.7
running at level 13 (with level adjustment through GTP).

For more information about the tournament, see
http://www.computer-go.jp/gifu2005/English/index.html

The field is quite crowded with 19 participants but is missing at
least three strong programs; Go++, Haruka, and Handtalk III.

Based on earlier results KCC Igo would be expected to win. Other
strong opponents include The Many Faces of Go, Go Intellect, and
possibly Go Star (if I'm not mistaken it's a successor of Wulu).
There are also quite a few programs that I have never heard of before.