[gnugo-devel] Request for a task from a programmer and 1d, Shanghai, Ch

From: Lu Jianxiong
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Request for a task from a programmer and 1d, Shanghai, China
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 23:21:09 +0800

Hello!

I am a graduate student at the School of Computer Science, FUDAN University, a go amateur of 1d, and very interested in helping the development of GNU Go.

Here is a brief list of my skills:
An experienced programmer of C/C++ on Linux
A go amateur of 1d
Years of experience in test case developing, especially in C/C++ and Python
Basic knowledges of machine learning

From the "GNU Go Task List", I found some long term issues that may be suitable for me, such as "Extend the regression test suites ", "Tuning the pattern databases", etc. However, after a quick look on the info page, I was wondering where can I start, and that’s why I decided to write this mail. You should be more familiar with gnugo than me, and know what jobs are in the front part of the todo-list recently, and what jobs need people. I need your advices.

Sincerely yours,
Jianxiong Lu