Re: URI design -- format: query-string vs PATH_INFO

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: URI design -- format: query-string vs PATH_INFO
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:52:23 +0200

> It is more clear to the eye than the query string and
> it is a lot shorter too!
>
>     /offers?action=edit&id=1&section=skills
>
>     /offers/1/edit/skills

At some states the webapp uses URL-parameters without values, as for example
the below one,  id=nothing

      /offers?action=edit&id=&section=general

I am not sure if such fact could raise problems if we move from the current
query-string URL format to PATH_INFO one.

      /offers//edit/general

Note that double '/'

P.S.: Anyhow, I think I will not the one who carry out such task. I lack of
free time!

  task: URI scheme based on query-string or PATH_INFO?
        http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7012