Fwd: [Sorry, I forgot add -dev]: Re: GNU Herds --- jobs.gnu.org + gnuher

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Fwd: [Sorry, I forgot add -dev]: Re: GNU Herds --- jobs.gnu.org + gnuherds.org
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 18:27:36 +0100

Subject: Re: GNU Herds --- jobs.gnu.org + gnuherds.org
Date: Sunday 02 March 2008
From: Davi Leal <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden, address@hidden, Ward Vandewege <address@hidden>

GNU Herds work team wrote:
> We will report you and sysadmin so the new jobs.gnu.org domain can be
> created.

The webapp at the gnuherds.org host (140.186.70.27), is now ready to process
request to the jobs.gnu.org domain name.  Such new domain name should be
created.

To be able to serve both jobs.gnu.org and gnuherds.org from the same Apache
maybe a new IP should be assigned to the gnuherds host.  I am not sure about
the best option in this case:

"When using SSL, each vhost must have either its own IP or port, or both. See:
   * http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html#vhosts2 or
   * http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/apache/2005/02/17/apacheckbk.html or
   * SNI or
   * consider wildcard certs or
   * http://wiki.cacert.org/wiki/VhostTaskForce or
   * ip based vhosts or
   * list all alternative hostnames used on the same IP in the
    "Subject Alternative Name" field.

I need help with this issue.