Re: Breaking mailing list threads

From: Davi Leal
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 23:09:39 +0100

Federico Gimenez Nieto wrote:
> I see that the message which breaks the thread is the one from 2008/11/15,
> isn't it?

Yes, it is.

> The next one, from 2008/11/16, is again on the right place,
> and it is sent from the same client...

This ones was not good.  The mailing list software was enough clever to add it
at the right thread due to the email subject was the same. But note it is not
at the reply position [1] but at the same level. That is because the mailing
list software do not know which one is its 'father' email due to it does not
include the 'In-Reply-To' or 'References' email headers.

This ones was not perfect because it did not include the 'In-Reply-To'
or 'References' email headers.

We are lucky the one from 2008/11/16 did not break too much the thread.

> Well, i hope that this one will have the correct headers.

Yes, this last one from 17-11-2008 includes: