Re: Membership request for group GNU Herds - Free Software Association

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Membership request for group GNU Herds - Free Software Association
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 21:21:38 +0100

Amir Mohammad Saied wrote:
> PHP Developer for GNU Herds.

We communicate via this email list. You should subscribe at:

However, for thing as helping you install the development environment, etc. we
advise to use a more interactive way to communicate, for example, using chat:
jabber, etc., or IRC.

Ask for anything you need. Please, criticize anything you do not like!

Project state

  The project is not in a hurry.

First contact with the project
==============================

  You could take a look at the GNU Herds architecture at:
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=180

  You could download the current source code to take a quick look.
  To get the code execute the below command on a GNU/Linux system:
    git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnuherds-app.git

  How to install a development environment?
    http://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=155

  Coders' guide:
    http://gnuherds.org/development

Tasks
=====

To start, if you want, we will assign you a very small PHP task, so you start
to get in contact with the source code and the project in general.

Of course, you can do what you want:
 * Carry out some task, or
 * send feedback to this email list, or
 * request new features, or
 * report bugs, or
 * help other developers supplying advices, or
 * ...

Please, send any email to the mailing list, at any time, about anything.