Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: sourceforge ldap
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:39:44 +0200

> LDAP servers are designed to be synchronized across arbitrary networks.
> Thus, you would of course run a local server for performance reasons alone
Thus, you would of course inhibit deployment of GnuMed in 95% of
all German medical practices today and in 75% of short-term-potential
users. Apart from the technical hurdles I don't see how you
will get anyone to agree to the ever-so-lose connection of
the words "patient demographic data" and "remote server(s)".
Dream on.

GPG key ID E4071346 @
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346