[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed needs your help

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed needs your help
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:57:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

What is the exact python dependency you put in ?

Please read again

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2005-09/msg00342.html

From what I read it is x < 2.4. I have no idea of how dependecies are handled
but isn't it possible to say x </= 2.4. I mean less or equal to 2.4.

No, please read again my other mail in this thread which is not yet in
the archive.

Or does
Debian/Ubuntu really force dependencies down to 2.4.1 which means the
packager needs to rebuild packages every time the minor number changes.

No.  They just are faster in switching their default Python version, nothing
else.

Sorry for beeing so short but I have no idea how to explain otherwise
than I did before

           Kind regards

                  Andreas.

--