Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUMed plugin - Hakuna Matata

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUMed plugin - Hakuna Matata
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:04:26 +0200

On Thursday 16 August 2007 15:55, TheForkOfJustice wrote:
> The GUIs for the base and Urinalysis section for the Hakuna Matata plugin
> for GNUMed are complete (for real this time!) and attached to this email.
>
> Hopefully Sebastian can begin work on making it a functional plugin
> someday.  Meanwhile I'm going to make the Allergy and Hematology sections
> and send them to you when complete.
>
> Let me know if anyone has questions/comments on them.  Input is a good
> thing

One more screenshot for other people to look at. You have done quite some
work.

Next step is to talk about integrating it into GNUmed vs. using GNUmed as a
foundation for a seperate program.

Think about the top quarter of our gui where we present the patient name etc.
Do you need this ? Assuming you being a lab provider what is your usual means
of getting requests and patient data ?

Are you working with barcodes on sample containers ? I have played around with
a cheap barcode scanner named qcat (10 pcs for $100) on ebay.

there is a barcode printer which can be used to print those small labels. I
have seen two that can be used with linux.

on the data front there exist various machines like glucose monitor or
urinalysis sampler for doctor's offices. for a few of them drivers for linux
exist already.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany