Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:17:31 +0200

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 10:34:50PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> But I left all the documenting comments in the used config files.
> So what?

Then it shouldn't be necessary.

> Well, *if* there is any GNUmed specific mapping I would really happy
> about such a mime file.  But providing an example for for something
> which is well known and installed on any default Linux system makes no
> sense at all if it is not GNUmed specific.

Can you point me to the Debian file which maps mimetypes to
file extensions ?

Oh, wait, there is /etc/mime.types.

Hm, it doesn't have image/x-bmp ...

Let's look at mime_type2file_extension.conf ...

Ha ! There it is !

Andreas, this file is there for a reason - it maps x-bmp to
.bmp which otherwise won't always work on Debian.

> > But it could be an .example in
> > doc/gnumed-client/
>
> So again - please provide a GNUmed typical example to make any sense
> of it.

There is one example right in the file.