Re: [Gnumed-devel] Logging successful fax deliveries

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Logging successful fax deliveries
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 22:50:26 +0100

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 08:57:05PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> Outside of GNUmed I used an e-service the document which I had generated in
> GNUmed.

> Just wondering what approaches people would take to where
> they thing this information best fits in the health record
> and how they would reduce the amount of work to file it.
>
> The following fax
>
> Customer No.  : 82053
> Reference No. : 448442352
> Reference ID  : 82053
> Sent At       : 01/20/2012 12:37:36 PM (GMT-8:00)
> Pages         : 2
> Duration      : 96
> Your Fax To   : 16049999999
>                To:Dr A BBBBBB
>
> Customer No.  : 82053
> Reference No. : 448442353
> Reference ID  : 82053
> Sent At       : 01/20/2012 12:37:36 PM (GMT-8:00)
> Pages         : 2
> Duration      : 96
> Your Fax To   : 16049999999
>                To:Dr C DDDDDDDDD

Assuming this sort of thing has sufficient volume and
assuming the notifications contain sufficiently identifying
information I would probably use procmail or what filter
mechanism your mailer supports to route those emails
(directly or indirectly) into a script which in turn matches
them to patients and auto-imports them into a
pseudo-document "fax notifications" (unless the
corresponding PDF-in-GNUmed is identifiable somehow).

Can you freely choose the "Reference No./ID" ?  In that case
I'd try to find a way to set it to something like "patient
ID::document ID".

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de