GSSendBezierPath

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: GSSendBezierPath
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:09:13 +0100

I reimplemented the existing (but unused and incorrect) method GSSendBezierPath: on graphics context to transfer all the NSBezierPath data to the back end. This is now used as the way a bezier path sets its data before drawing. For the backends based on gsc a direct implementation of GSSendPath: on GSGState exists, which could be further optimised for the specific backends if ever needed. Although I did optimise a few methods on NSBezierPath to support this better, for normal sized path (~5 points) this implementation is still a lot slower than doing PS or DPS calls in the front end, but we are getting closer. I must admit, that I don't really understand why it is still a bit slower, even when not counting the creation of the path and taking the setting of the style information out. This is the reason why I gave up on further optimisation, feel free to improve on this.

Cheers
Fred