Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 01:02:54 +0100

On 2004-09-30 20:27:36 +0100 Alex Perez <address@hidden> wrote:

From the presentation of the FSF Donations page, it is very clear that
they do not want to accept money for anyone other than the FSF itself (and FSF-sanctioned projects like the open source directory and legal defense fund) They don't care about us, and why should they?

They should care/help because GNUstep is part of the FSF's GNU project. I think you are extrapolating too far from that one web page.

Plenty of other GNU projects do their own fundraising, and they probably do it that way for a reason...

Who fundraises and how? Even if FSF can handle money, I strongly suggest doing our own fundraising.

This discussion seems to be cc'd to a gnustep-dev list: is that in the gnu.* newsgroups too?
Since the formation of a GNUstep Foundation is directly tied to the developers (this is the only way it can be a legitimate foundation) I suggested that Greg CC the list to -dev for this specific discussion.

Sadly, another answer to a different question than the one asked.

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
LinuxExpo.org.uk village 6+7 Oct http://www.affs.org.uk