Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/back ChangeLog Headers/x11/XGDragV...

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/back ChangeLog Headers/x11/XGDragV...
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:28:08 +0100

On 2005-03-29 19:40:01 +0100 Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
CVSROOT:        /cvsroot/gnustep
Module name:    gnustep
Branch:
Changes by: Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> 05/03/29 10:11:16

Modified files:
core/back : ChangeLog core/back/Headers/x11: XGDragView.h core/back/Source/x11: XGDragView.m
Log message:
        Make XGDragView a subclass of GSDragView

Thanks for doing this. It was always my intention when writing GSDragView, but somehow I don't find much time for GNUstep anymore.

I am not that sure, if your other changes for Windows are correct though. The X11 backend has the default for handlesWindowDecorations to YES, for Windows you set it to NO. I would like them to be the same for both, at least until I get a reason, why not to do so.

I just thought it looked better that way ...

Under X11 with windowmaker, the appearance is pretty much the same either way, but under windows the native looks is less good once I'd modifed it to create windows as 'tool' windows so they didn't all appear in the task bar. I couldn't figure out a way to get a consistent window border look while excluding windows which shouldn't be in the task bar from it ... except by having the gui draw the window decorations.

Having various panels appear in the taskbar is a little irritating ... having the window used to drag and drop an image appear in the taskbar was downright horrible. Maybe there is a better solution to exclude windows from the taskbar ... but I'm not a windows programmer, so I don't know of one.