Re: Application releases...

From: Stef Bidi
Subject: Re: Application releases...
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 16:54:33 -0500

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

testers and feedbacks are welcome.

I have somehow unofficially taken over GWorkspace and SystemPreferences. They are both in a reasonable state, although tests and possible patches are welcome. I don't even know if SP needs a new release at all.

Well, since that's you.... I'd like to see some of the bugs in GWorkspace.  Specifically that sqlite configure bug (24995).  GWorkspace has a bunch of "annoying" bugs here and there that make it a pain to use day-in-day-out.

One thing that really annoys me about it is that it's a session manager but it's not a session manager.  In this case I have to start WindowMaker (for example) in the background and then GWorkspace, but since whenever GW logs out it doesn't close WM correctly, none of the dock icons get saved.  But I can't start GW before WM or else the "Log Out" doesn't actually log you out, it only closes GS apps and quits.

Also, I'd really like to see a release of pbxbuild (and integration with PC, I know that's a long shot request).  Releases of GAP and Etoile apps/libraries would be nice, too.

That's it for me... I'll get off the soap box now.

Stefan