gomp-discuss

[Gomp-discuss] gfortran ... scanner

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] gfortran ... scanner
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:21:28 +0200

 I had a small look at gfortran yesterday, and one of the nice things I found
was this:

 gcc/gcc/fortran/scanner.c      line 301        :

/* Skip a comment.  When we come here the parse pointer is positioned
   immediately after the comment character.  If we ever implement
   compiler directives withing comments, here is where we parse the
   directive.  */

static void
skip_comment_line (void)
{
  char c;

  do
    {
      c = next_char ();
    }
  while (c != '\n');

  gfc_advance_line ();
}

 So perhaps this is a place to start ?

 I am currently looking at the omp spec to see it it's resonable to treat the
openMP directives as function calls in the frontend and perhaps postpone
processing until the middle end of gcc ( Gimplification and such ), and all
processing until SSA is reached.

 / Lars Segerlund.