gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] gfortran ... scanner

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] gfortran ... scanner
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:22:38 +0200

On Friday 27 August 2004 12.21, Lars Segerlund wrote:
>  I had a small look at gfortran yesterday, and one of the nice things I
> found was this:
>
>[...]
>
>  So perhaps this is a place to start ?

Well done, you are probably right. I don't know, maybe Paul and/or Stephen can
suggest us whether one should put an "if"-like statement and point to some
other file or we can just do things here directly (I would prefer the former
option).

>  I am currently looking at the omp spec to see it it's resonable to treat
> the openMP directives as function calls in the frontend and perhaps
> postpone processing until the middle end of gcc ( Gimplification and such
> ), and all processing until SSA is reached.

I think this is what one should do: parse the directives, but do not work with
them until you reach the middle-end.

Guys, on Monday I have a paper deadline (which -as you have realised - make me
a bit nervous :-)) and then the corresponding conference. I will be in touch
the following week.

Cheers
Biagio

Biagio Lucini