gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Clarifications needed for the time-service HOWTO

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Clarifications needed for the time-service HOWTO
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:53:48 -0700

Yo Eric!

I've read, and appreciate where you are going with it.  There are
a few incorrect things though, and questions to answer.  I will
need to spend an hour to do so and can not do that during $DAYJOB.

I'll get it tonight.

The first problem is you assume Stratum 1 know what they are doing
(known and compensated-for latency).  Any fool can be a Stratum 1 and
there are a lot of really bad ones.  How I know, and how I can show you
to know, to explain in this doc, is what will take me a while to write.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588