gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Initialization & probing questions

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Initialization & probing questions
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 16:18:12 -0700

Yo Kai!

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 00:49:24 +0200
Kai Harrekilde-Petersen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> On 27-03-2018 22:56, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > Send them to the list, that way they get archived and google
> > indexed.  I doubt there are active Venus users here, but it does
> > goet used now and then.
> Roger that.
> > Just be sure the regression tests pass before uploading a patch.
>
> Absolutely.
>
> Humm. "./regress-driver test/daemon/passthrough.log" fails on a
> timeout after ~62 seconds due to what looks like no output.

Take the easy way.  Try this: i

# scons check
[...]
Regression test successful: no errors in 113 tests (0 not found).
Elapsed time: 178.19
scons: done building targets.

> On the same machine, I have an unmodified clone of the official repo
> where the tests runs fine, so the error clearly is on my side.
> Any clues and pointers as to what "usually" causes this type of error
> is most appreciated.

No idea, many ways to break gpsd.  This is why it is good to
run 'scons check' early and often.  Also make frequent git commits so
you can bisect to the offending commit.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588