graveman-general

Re: [Graveman-general] uninstalling gravyman

From: Wouter van der Rijst
Subject: Re: [Graveman-general] uninstalling gravyman
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:22:02 +0100

Ben Edwards wrote:
I installed the .deb distro of gravyman.  Havent quite managed to get it
to work.  How do I uninstall it, currently it has taken over from
natulus-cd-burner whitch is a real pane.  Will be trying new version and
see if they work for me in the future.  Is there a way of turning off
the association and stoping it launching automaticaly.  BTW I am really
looking forward to getting ti working.  Its a great app.

Ben

Uninstalling debian packages can de done with "dpkg"
$ dpkg -r <package_name>
or
$ dpkg --remove <package_name>

To install a debian-package
$ dpkg -i <debian-package-file-name>
$ dpkg --install <debian-package-file-name>

In your case the "debian-package-file-name" is the one with the ".deb"-extention (example: graveman-0.3.8-2-i386.deb)
The "package_name" is "graveman".

Use
$ man dpkg
for a comprehensive description of the command.