Re: [Groff] grops and Unicode, Unicode in general.

From: Wartan Hachaturow
Subject: Re: [Groff] grops and Unicode, Unicode in general.
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 23:05:31 +0400

On 5/18/05, Michail Vidiassov <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1) To beg Werner to enable UTF input,

My vote for sure :)

> 2) To choose some rich font set (MS Times New Roman/Arial/Courier New ?)
>     and have dit files for them installed by default.

.. but not for these fonts. They have a license that prevents
redistribution, iirc,
and I wonder if TTFs would look better (or equal) than Type1 on print.

I would vote for URW with Cyrillic glyphs by frob, since at least their license
is clear and they seem to be the only decent quality freely available
type1s out there.
But I have no idea why Werner dislikes them :)

Regards, Wartan.