Re: [Groff] grops and Unicode, Unicode in general.

From: Wartan Hachaturow
Subject: Re: [Groff] grops and Unicode, Unicode in general.
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 23:05:31 +0400

On 5/18/05, Michail Vidiassov <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1) To beg Werner to enable UTF input,

My vote for sure :)

> 2) To choose some rich font set (MS Times New Roman/Arial/Courier New ?)
>     and have dit files for them installed by default.

.. but not for these fonts. They have a license that prevents
redistribution, iirc,
and I wonder if TTFs would look better (or equal) than Type1 on print.

I would vote for URW with Cyrillic glyphs by frob, since at least their license
is clear and they seem to be the only decent quality freely available
Cyrillic-added
type1s out there.
But I have no idea why Werner dislikes them :)

--
Regards, Wartan.