grub-devel

Re: history of fsys_ntfs.c (Re: Update for NTFS file system driver)

From: Bean
Subject: Re: history of fsys_ntfs.c (Re: Update for NTFS file system driver)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 18:52:26 +0800

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 12:18:47PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> I had a look at that file, trying to trace its origin.  As for the file
> header,
> it seems that Samuel Leo <address@hidden> wrote it.  GRUB maintainers, do
> we need to contact Samuel about this, or can we take the copyright as ok now ?

This NTFS driver is different from the Samuel's version. Ago from the wubi
project
report that the grub4dos NTFS driver sometimes fails to find files, I try to
fix
the problem, but is not successfully. Finally, I decide to write the code based
on
my NTFS boot sector for grub4dos. Therefore, this new driver is not a patch,
but a
complete rewrite.

--
Bean <address@hidden>