grub-devel

Re: menu's "default=saved" is need for hibernation on multi-os systems.

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: menu's "default=saved" is need for hibernation on multi-os systems.
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:21:01 +0100

Franklin PIAT <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 09:35 +0100, Marco Gerards wrote:
>> Franklin PIAT <address@hidden> writes:
>> > Grub2 doesn't seems to have a feature similar to grub1 "default=saved"
>> > in menu.lst, does it ?
>>
>> Not yet, but we want it.  Do you want to work on this?
>
> I wish I could ;) I haven't written any C code for years.

Too bad.  If I just ask enough people, someone will eventually work on
this ;-)

Robert, do you know if Guillem is still willing to work on this?  I
thought you know him quite well, so I start asking you here.  He had
some code two years ago when I met him at FOSDEM.  IIRC the problem
was that we didn't have an elf.mod.  We do have this now.

> I'll stick to writing grub "manpages" or shell improvements.
> I think documentation is really needed today, in order to get a
> wider adoption of grub2.
> ... that's why I'll come-up with a few more questions ;)

:-)

How about writing a manual just like GRUB Legacy has?  It would be
nice to have a good info manual that covers GRUB 2.  It's one of the
most important things that is missing.  And you do not need to know C
to write one :-)

--
Marco