grub-devel

Re: [PATH] grub-mkrelpath

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: [PATH] grub-mkrelpath
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:58:39 +0200

Am Freitag, den 28.08.2009, 18:28 +0200 schrieb Robert Millan:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 02:53:12PM +0200, Felix Zielcke wrote:
> > +      if (stat (buf, &st) < 0)
> > +   grub_util_error ("can not stat %s", buf);
>
> We should give a reason.  E.g:
>
>   grub_util_error ("can not stat %s: %s", p, strerror (errno));

Ok done.

> Also, I believe some of the comments in the old shell function
> (e.g. the one about trailing slash) would still make sense in the
> new one.

I added now a few comments.
Good catch with the trailing slashes. If realpath isn't used, it did
output ones. Fixed now.

> If you can fix these two things, it looks ok for commit.  Thanks.

You're welcome.
I also fixed now the handling of relative paths, that was broken.
Oh and I changed some `x = xmalloc () ; strcpy (x,y)' to strdup.
I think that's easier to read.

Would be nice if you could have another quick lock, especially if the
comments are now okay.
Nice that you didn't had a problem with my 4 char pointers. I don't like
that much but I haven't a better idea for them.

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer