Re: Wondering about the stable branch, testing, and Debian.

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: Re: Wondering about the stable branch, testing, and Debian.
Date: 08 Jul 2001 14:16:34 -0700

    RB> I realized this morning that since I'm the Debian maintainer
    RB> for guile it would be possible for me to create 1.5.x packages
    RB> and release them to unstable.  Among other things, this would
    RB> expose it to a potentially wide testing audience on multiple
    RB> architectures.

    RB> However, I haven't had time to think about whether or not I
    RB> think this is a good or bad idea, from either the Debian,
    RB> Guile, or rlb perspectives :>

    RB> Any thoughts?

I can't speak to the RLB perspective B-), but it seems that Guile 1.5
is quite ready to get wide attention. Debian unstable is a good place
to put 1.5 to the test.

P.S. Do you maintain the 1.3 branch in Debian, too? Maybe it's time to
let that die, so that only 1.4 and 1.5 are still around.

Evan Prodromou