Re: 1.5.6 Release Needs More Eyes

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: Re: 1.5.6 Release Needs More Eyes
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:56:48 -0600

    RB> (If we had enough time to work on it, I think it'd be nice to
    RB> have all the bugs in a postgres DB with both an email
    RB> interface (via GPG signed messages), and an SSL web interface.
    RB> Then we could have all the per-release severity levels, status
    RB> flags, summary lists, etc. that we could ever want, and we
    RB> could probably do all the coding from guile via guile-pg or
    RB> similar.)

This is, of course, the best solution. However, right now it seems
like tracking bugs is the most important thing, and prioritizing them
is the next most important. So maybe using the admittedly low-tech
BUGS file mechanism (OK, I know, a text file shared across the world
in the blink of an eye is hardly low-tech) means that bugs get handled
fast, like _now_, rather than waiting for The Right Tool.

~ESP

P.S. I dunno anything about savannah, but maybe the next step after
getting bugs into BUGS an prioritized is to see about opening up the
bug tracking system there? Should be fairly low barrier to entry.

--
Evan Prodromou
address@hidden