Re: 1.5.6 Release Needs More Eyes

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: 1.5.6 Release Needs More Eyes
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 23:23:15 -0800 (PST)

   From: Tom Lord <address@hidden>
      From: Evan Prodromou <address@hidden>
      Umm, so, the Freshmeat page [...]
      I just did a release notification on Freshmeat for 1.5.6, but this
      should probably be a standard part of making new releases, no?

   Yes, please.  Freshmeat status is easy to keep up to date (less than
   one hour of work per update).  It's pretty well indexed and collects a
   lot of useful information in their standard classifications.  It's the
   first place some of us search whenever we need some component.  It's
   the library catalog.

I should also add: Freshmeat listings get duplicated and emailed out
all over the place.  Lot's of people are apparently like me and scan
the new listings frequently to keep up with what's going on.  It's a
really, neat thing.

-t

(Of course I'm still all pissed about #f/nil, shared substrings,
conservative GC, obnoxious "triumverant" comments, etc. and Guile just
plain sucks, in my book, but since that isn't a universal opinion --
by all means, please keep the FM listing up-to-date.)

(Oh, ok, if I must:  :-) ... whatever that means.)