[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
TODO for 2.0
TODO for 2.0
Sat, 17 Apr 2010 13:59:16 +0200
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.0.92 (gnu/linux)
I would like to share my personal list of things to do before 2.0.
* some bytecode tweaks
- function prologues can be shorter in the common case
- perhaps docstrings should take less space in objcode, by allowing
them to be specified positionally in the program metadata,
removing need to embed 'documentation symbol in meta-procedure
* documentation for the repl
* update tree-il/vm docs
* some sort of resolution on the module namespace issue
* guile-lib release
* guile-gnome release
* better source filenames for out-of-tree builds ("ice-9/foo.scm"
instead of e.g. "../ice-9/foo.scm")
* merge program-properties into procedure-properties
Please feel free to reply with your own lists. Please reply only with
things that you feel must be dealt with before 2.0, by somebody, or
things that you personally plan to work on (blocker or not).
Keep in mind that if you miss 2.0, there is the whole 2.0.x series in
which you can introduce compatible changes; and that 2.2 shouldn't take
more than a year or so to get out, depending on what goes in to it.
The endgame is at hand!
- TODO for 2.0,
Andy Wingo <=