Re: initializing guile-gnome module

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: initializing guile-gnome module
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:49:32 +0100

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:00:35 -0600
Aaron VanDevender <address@hidden> wrote:

> All of the example guile-gnome scripts start out with
>
> (use-modules (gnome gtk))
>
> but that only works for me if I first say
>
> (use-modules (gnome-0))
>
> Otherwise I get a "no code for module (gnome gtk)" error. And
> (use-modules (gnome)) doesn't work either. It has to be gnome-0. Am I
> missing some system initialization code or something that modifies the
> load path so it can see (gnome gtk) right from the start? I'm using
> guile 1.6.7.

Hi Aaron,

I recommend you to still use

        (use-modules (gnome gtk))

and rather start your listener as

        guile-gnome-0

which may become something else later...

here is an example, complete, which shows you how to 'correctly' set-up
an application, with a start-up script and ...

        http://wingolog.org/software/photoblogger/

Cheers
David