Re: initializing guile-gnome module

From: Aaron VanDevender
Subject: Re: initializing guile-gnome module
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:15:11 -0600

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 09:10 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>   I recommend you to still use
>
>           (use-modules (gnome gtk))
>
>   and rather start your listener as
>
>           guile-gnome-0
>
> Sure, but that assumes that guile-gnome is the dominant module.  The
> nice thing about guile and extensions is that you can use many at once
> for integration, and it's problematic for any of them to demand to be
> primary (well, it's problematic if two do).
>
> But (use-modules (gnome-0)) works just fine in cases where
> guile-gnome-0 is awkward.

Whether you want to use (use-modules (gnome-0)) or use guile-gnome-0 as
your listener, the online tutorial should say something about at least
one of these options. Omitting both of them only serves to frustrate
people. Who is in change of keeping the website up to date? I notice
Andy Wingo's name on the tutorial section. Is he still maintaining it?

--

address@hidden
Plead the First.