Bindings for Nokia 770 Hildon API

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Bindings for Nokia 770 Hildon API
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 22:26:01 +0000

Hi Andy,

I've published my proposed "hildon" module at
http://www.ossau.uklinux.net/guile-gnome-ossau/, and also a modified
version of the PACKAGES with a "guile-maemo" line added.  Would you
mind taking a look and advising what my next step should be to commit
this upstream?

(At the moment, I haven't even committed my PACKAGES change locally,
and I have no idea how to create a new module.  I also note that "bzr
status" doesn't seem to know about all the packages that were
extracted by scripts/get-packages:

address@hidden:~/bzr/guile-gnome-ossau$ bzr status
unknown:
  atk
  corba
  defs
  docs
  gconf
  glib
  gnome-vfs
  gtk
  libglade
  libgnome
  libgnomecanvas
  libgnomeui
  pango

Is that expected?)

Once that's done, I believe the procedure for getting to a .deb that I
can install and try out on the 770 would be:

$ bzr get <url>
$ scripts/get-packages guile-maemo
$ ./autogen.sh
$ make
$ make dist
(unpack the created tarball into a new location)
$ dh_make ...
(create/edit debian/* files)
$ dpkg-buildpackage ...

Does that sound right, or am I missing some more cleverness somewhere
that could do this even more automatically?

Thanks,
     Neil