Re: ffi.h not found

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: ffi.h not found
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 22:43:23 +0000

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

>> So it looks like there is some incantation which I missed when
>> building g-wrap, to cause it to build and install ffi under
>> /tmp/install/g-wrap-1.9.6.  Do you know what that might be?
>
> Well I don't know what I did differently, but I just rebuilt my g-wrap
> package again, using identical (I believe) source, and this time it
> did install ffi.h and libffi.a.
>
> So the problem has somewhat mysteriously vanished.

FWIW, I worked out what was happening here.  I initially had g-wrap
installed, but needed to tweak it and rebuild.  During the rebuild,
therefore, configure detected that ffi was already present and so
built a new g-wrap _without_ ffi.

Then I installed the new g-wrap, and so lost ffi.

Then I built g-wrap again, and this time configure detected that ffi
was not available on the system.

Pretty obvious in retrospect!

Regards,
     Neil