Re: lost: guile 1.7.0 doesn't look to GUILE_LOAD_PATH ?

From: Thomas Wawrzinek
Subject: Re: lost: guile 1.7.0 doesn't look to GUILE_LOAD_PATH ?
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:24:55 +0200 (MEST)

address@hidden wrote:

 > however, when it comes to libpostgres, it only looks to 2 places ?!?
That's not true. I piped your output thru grep, and there are at least two
versions of libpostgres installed on your system, namely:

open("/usr/local/lib/", O_RDONLY) = 6

open("/usr/lib/", O_RDONLY) = 6

are in your file.

I must admit, that the output is a bit of a mystery to me, too. It seems
there are inter-dependencies between postgres and pgsql, are there?

However, the (dynamic-link ...) call in postgres.scm tries to pull in a
libtool library (grepped output):

open("/usr/local/share/guile/database/postgres.scm", O_RDONLY) = 5
read(5, ";; $Id:,v 1.3 20"..., 4096) = 1594
open("/lib/", O_RDONLY)   = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
open("/usr/lib/", O_RDONLY) = 6
read(6, "# - a libtool lib"..., 4096) = 718

/usr/lib/ is a human readable file so you can check it out.
I believe it points to /usr/lib/ (not sure though).

Maybe the fact that there are versions of installed in both
/usr/lib and /usr/local/lib confuses guile.

I'd try to get rid of the installation that the /lib/ doesn't
point to.

If this doesn't help I believe you need to find out whether there are
depedencies as mentioned, and what (strange) things they cause. Not sure,