Re: language translator help

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: language translator help
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:36:57 -0500

On 28-Apr-2002, Thomas Bushnell, BSG <address@hidden> wrote:

| The answer to your question is: Scheme is a convenient and pleasing
| language.  Why implement things in a suckier language when you can do
| it in Scheme?!

I don't want to start a language war, but while there are certainly
some objective arguments that could be made about the capabilities of
various computer languages, I think that whether Scheme is convenient
and pleasing is mostly a matter of what problems you are trying to
solve with the language, and of course, personal preference.

FWIW, my mind has apparently been corrupted by procedural languages
which have nice (to me at least, and I suspect I'm not the only one)
looping constructs, to the point that the equivalent forms for looping
in Scheme seem pretty "sucky" by comparison.  :-)

jwe