Re: Serving files with guile web server

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Serving files with guile web server
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:51:47 +0100

() Neil Jerram <address@hidden>
() Sat, 19 Mar 2011 02:20:47 +0000

   Well, I suppose I'd recommend considering not using
   the Guile server to serve static files.

If efficiency is a concern, another approach is to wrap
sendfile(2) or something like it.

This is what "ttn-do sizzweb", "ttn-do serve-debiso" and the
serveez packages do, although for the latter the wrapping is
admittedly very thin (C only) at present.  That may change...

Probably a good exercise for Guile 2 FFI.  If sendfile (or ilk) is
too Linux- (or ilk) specific, a nice fallback would be to wrap the
POSIX scatter/gather support, i.e., writev(2)/readv(2).

This is what (ttn-do zzz x-protocol) uses, albeit sub-optimally for now.