Re: Serving files with guile web server

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Serving files with guile web server
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:44:24 +0200

On Sat 19 Mar 2011 17:47, address@hidden writes:

>> address@hidden writes:
>>> I gave a second read to the manual and found:
>>> "The handler should return two values: the response, as a <response>
>>> record from (web response), and the response body as a string,
>>> bytevector,
>>> or #f if not present."
> This is true but I found that when it comes about text is better to use a
> lambda that receive a port and then write text to that port.

I have added info about returning procedures as response bodies to the
doc.  Thanks.

It would be good for sanitize-response to support ports as well, I

> I think that it would be great to have a standalone server so you can
> instant hack something, or even for production, I think it could be
> scalable using clusters.

I think more standalone capabilities is a good thing.  It's nice to be
able to throw up a server for testing.  For production though you really
need to not do blocking reads or writes.

> Guile web module it's great!

Thanks!  Have fun and let us know how it goes :)