guix-devel

Re: gobject-introspection typelibs and shared libraries

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: Re: gobject-introspection typelibs and shared libraries
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 13:21:20 +0100

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, I see in the diagram on the page above that libraries are actually
> dlopened, with the name that appears in the typelib file.
>
> Thus the patch you proposed is the right thing, I think.  Before
> committing, could you add a comment a the top of the file explaining
> that the file names contained in typelib files are meant to be dlopen’d,
> hence this patch?  Also please credit the original author of the patch.

Actually, I see that this part of gobject-introspection was slightly
edited from our version 1.38.0 to later ones. Nix uses 1.40.0 and the
newest is 1.42.0. So I'm planning to upgrade to the latest.

> Do we also need to do something for GI_TYPELIB_PATH?  Perhaps this
> should be in the ‘native-search-paths’ field of gobject-introspection?

I think that we do not need to set GI_TYPELIB_PATH in
gobject-introspection, but in in the packages making use of it.

Fede