guix-devel

Re: gobject-introspection typelibs and shared libraries

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: gobject-introspection typelibs and shared libraries
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 21:58:30 +0100

Federico Beffa <address@hidden> skribis:

> I've pushed the two changes and see that it breaks several packages
> depending on gobject-introspection.
> Looking randomly at some of the failures I see that pango and
> gdk-pixbuf fail to build (and many other failures are a consequence of
> one of these two). So I've tried to build pango with
> gobject-introspection 1.42.0 without any change (no patch, no
> native-search-path) and without the patch, but with
> native-search-path. However, it always fails to build.
>
> So, I've updated pango to the latest 1.36.8 and it builds with the new
> and patched gobject-introspection and I see that the gir files of the
> former include the full path of dynamic libraries.
>
> I've then updated pix-buf to the latest and it builds fine, but have 2
> out of 74 test failures.

Oh oh, OK.

> What do you prefer? Revert to gobject-introspection 1.38.0, or got
> down the version dependency hell?

If you think it will require some more time, then it may be less
disturbing to set up a branch for those changes, and revert the
offending commit in master while the branch is being stabilized.  WDYT?

We can set up Hydra to build the branch, so we have feedback, if you
want.

Thanks for investigating,
Ludo’.