guix-devel

Re: Getting to 1.0!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Getting to 1.0!
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 23:34:47 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> skribis:

>> FOSDEM is only a couple of weeks away, and as we know, FOSDEM is the
>> proclaimed deadline for 1.0.  We’ve come a long way but there are still
>> quite a few things to address before we can reasonably release 1.0:
>>
>>   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/doc/1.0.org
>
> I have picked up work on a texlive profile hook and have something
> that’s already working.  I’d like to make a few more changes before
> asking for a review, though, as the current version does not work with
> “texlive-tiny”, making it a little too difficult to use as *all*
> packages (including the LaTeX base packages) need to be specified
> manually.
>
> I’m confident that we’ll have something ready in time for 1.0.

… and you completed it a day later, woohoo!  \o/

I wonder if we should add section in the manual about ‘texlive’
packages?  The main difficulty is finding which package provides what
one is looking for, so perhaps a little guidance would be welcome, at
least for the most common packages.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.