gutopia-dev

Re: [rgui-dev] RE: Backend

From: Kero van Gelder
Subject: Re: [rgui-dev] RE: Backend
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:15:09 +0200

> > except create() is never called...
>
> sorry, i haven't finished reading the whole of your reply yet, but i
> thought i'd clear this up real quick. GUtopIa is doing a sort of Lazy
> Evaluation. I've done this in preperation for the fact that other
> toolkits require predefined parent widgets,

Naturally. What's the use of displaying a Label if the parent isn't
there, yet? What would be a use for the Label to exist without being
displayed?

> unlike GUtopIa's API and
> GTKs. this isn't fully implemented yet, but this lazy eval makes it
> possible. anyhow the create() method is called from the Application
> class:
>
>     def start(&kickstart)
>       puts "starting application..."
>       Platform.initialize
>       @views.each do |view|
>         view.components.sort.each do |component|
>           component.create
>         end
>       end
>       instance_eval(&kickstart)
>       @views.each do |view|
>         Platform.start
>       end
>     end

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ---------- http://httpd.chello.nl/k.vangelder ---+