gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] new help

From: Zero
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] new help
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:10:46 +0100

Hi Leon and list,

Selon leon calvaud <address@hidden>:

> Hello everyone,
> i'm new here, and i'd like to help this helpful software.
You're welcome ! :-)

> I probably don't have good programming skills (i tried to learn programming
> by myself) but i want to learn more and improve my skills(and of course my
> knowledge of linux).
Everybody was novice. ;-)

> So if someone could sometimes help me for understanding some code parts, i'd
> be pleased to help.
There is no problem. Ask any question !
Moreover, are you French ? So I am.

> I have some far knowledges of C, html,php,mysql.
GWhere is developed in C with GTK+. And the GWhere site is coded in HTML,
PHP/MYSQL.

> I'd like to contribute to the import/export in sgbdr formats. About this, why
> not plan to make Gwhere work with a sgbdr directly in future? (maybe a new
> todo?)
The SGBDR support is in the todo list. But nobody started the development. At
time, GWhere use a plugin interface in order to import/export catalogs. So a
plugin for SGBDR catalogs should be easly done and integrated in GWhere.

> Also i'll help Gwhere as i can.
> I thank you for reading.
As I always say, do what you like when you can and as you can.

Thank you very much for your help proposal and your interest in GWhere !

--
Best regards,

Zero
Maintainer,

GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org