gzz-dev

[Gzz] Fenfire @ Assembly'03 ?

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Gzz] Fenfire @ Assembly'03 ?
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 23:41:32 +0300

Hi,

Is anyone else of us besides me coming to Assembly <http://www.assembly.org/>
this year (next weekend)?

There is a couple of seemingly interesting ARTech -seminars
<http://www.assembly.org/content/seminars/>:  OpenGL Shader Tricks by Juan
Guardado Nvidia and Graphics Performance Optimization by John Spitzer Nvidia
(maybe also Parametric Texture Generation by Andreas Schilling). I'll have only
an ordinary ticket, but I'll try to fit in and checkout them (but I don't
promise to understand them :-).

I wonder, if Tuomas fancy trying to keep a Fenfire -seminar there?-) There
still seems to be free on the full program
<http://www.assembly.org/content/seminars/program.html>.

Tuukka,  I think, I'm going to put a Paperbot -advertisement on a public
advertising board there. Could you please link Texture paper from
Nörttiseminaari to Paperbot? We have also a problem with Paperbot: Kaffe
crashes for memory allocation problem after some amount of usage (I don't know
yet, what is the real problem). Can you make it restart automaticly if a such
thing happens? It should also send an e-mail to me or you, if "down for
service" happens.

The rules of Wild compo have been altered in favor of computer/machine based
entries. We could have an entry next year, if we'll just remember that in time.

-Asko